Saturday, March 8, 2008

Handy Tools

I started using these internet based tools a few months ago. I thought I would share them.

The first is Jott. www.jott.com When I signed up for Jott, I entered a list of contact's email addresses. Then I was given a phone number to put on my cell phone. When I am out and I remember something, such as to sign up the kids for the next quarter in music lessons, I call the 800 number for Jott. By using voice recognition software, I can dictate the text of am email that is sent to me. Then when I am at the computer and my "to do" list, I get my reminder. This sure is handy since my memory seems to have left me.

The next thing I want to share is Pocketmod. www.pocketmod.com Pocketmod has a site where you can design an 8 page booklet that is printed on 1 sheet of paper. After cutting and folding, I have a mini game plan for the week that I can carry in my pocket. I have listed my weekly menu, my record of what I spend for the week, a mini grocery list and a place to write down whatever I need to remember. For example, if I am in the upstairs bathroom, far from my grocery list, and I notice we need toothpaste and toilet paper, I can write those things on my pocket mod.

No comments: